Aug 2, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann‘s next start has been pushed back from Friday to Saturday because of shoulder soreness.
For now the Nationals are saying it’s nothing serious, but James Wagner of the Washington Post reports that Zimmermann “has recently been taking anti-inflammatory medicine” and had trouble getting loose before his last outing.
It’d be a shame if shoulder problems limited Zimmermann down the stretch, as he’s come back from Tommy John elbow surgery to establish himself as one of the best young pitchers in the league. Since missing most of 2010 he’s started 47 games with a 2.77 ERA and 220/55 K/BB ratio in 296 innings, including 4-0 with a 0.97 ERA in July.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 5
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (112)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead