Aug 2, 2012, 10:05 AM EST
Jordan Zimmermann‘s next start has been pushed back from Friday to Saturday because of shoulder soreness.
For now the Nationals are saying it’s nothing serious, but James Wagner of the Washington Post reports that Zimmermann “has recently been taking anti-inflammatory medicine” and had trouble getting loose before his last outing.
It’d be a shame if shoulder problems limited Zimmermann down the stretch, as he’s come back from Tommy John elbow surgery to establish himself as one of the best young pitchers in the league. Since missing most of 2010 he’s started 47 games with a 2.77 ERA and 220/55 K/BB ratio in 296 innings, including 4-0 with a 0.97 ERA in July.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 6
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 12
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 25
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)