Aug 2, 2012, 10:05 AM EST
Jordan Zimmermann‘s next start has been pushed back from Friday to Saturday because of shoulder soreness.
For now the Nationals are saying it’s nothing serious, but James Wagner of the Washington Post reports that Zimmermann “has recently been taking anti-inflammatory medicine” and had trouble getting loose before his last outing.
It’d be a shame if shoulder problems limited Zimmermann down the stretch, as he’s come back from Tommy John elbow surgery to establish himself as one of the best young pitchers in the league. Since missing most of 2010 he’s started 47 games with a 2.77 ERA and 220/55 K/BB ratio in 296 innings, including 4-0 with a 0.97 ERA in July.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)