Aug 2, 2012, 8:22 AM EDT
This is surprising: the Rangers have called up top prospect Mike Olt from Double-A.
Olt is one of the game’s top prospects, but he’s definitely green, never having played anywhere more exalted than Frisco. To be fair, however, he is 23. And he was abusing the Texas League, hitting .287/.399/.575 with 27 home runs and 81 RBI through 94 games this season at Frisco.
Olt is a third baseman, but he has played first base and three games in the outfield as well, so you figure the Rangers could use him all over the place.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)