Aug 3, 2012, 9:07 AM EDT
Cal Ripken Jr. appeared on Good Morning America today to give an update on his mother, 74-year-old Violet Ripken, who was kidnapped from her home at gunpoint last week before being found unharmed a day later.
Ripken told GMA that she’s doing “pretty well” but has not resumed her normal routine of living at her home in Maryland.
Despite having a description and video police have yet to find the suspect, who abducted the Hall of Famer’s mother and drove her around blindfolded.
Cal Ripken Jr. is scheduled to hold a press conference today to answer further questions about the incident and his mother’s status.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)