Aug 3, 2012, 9:07 AM EDT
Cal Ripken Jr. appeared on Good Morning America today to give an update on his mother, 74-year-old Violet Ripken, who was kidnapped from her home at gunpoint last week before being found unharmed a day later.
Ripken told GMA that she’s doing “pretty well” but has not resumed her normal routine of living at her home in Maryland.
Despite having a description and video police have yet to find the suspect, who abducted the Hall of Famer’s mother and drove her around blindfolded.
Cal Ripken Jr. is scheduled to hold a press conference today to answer further questions about the incident and his mother’s status.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 42
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 23
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 23
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 37
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)