Aug 3, 2012, 9:07 AM EDT
Cal Ripken Jr. appeared on Good Morning America today to give an update on his mother, 74-year-old Violet Ripken, who was kidnapped from her home at gunpoint last week before being found unharmed a day later.
Ripken told GMA that she’s doing “pretty well” but has not resumed her normal routine of living at her home in Maryland.
Despite having a description and video police have yet to find the suspect, who abducted the Hall of Famer’s mother and drove her around blindfolded.
Cal Ripken Jr. is scheduled to hold a press conference today to answer further questions about the incident and his mother’s status.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)