Aug 3, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
Mark Teixeria pronounced himself ready to go after taking grounders and batting practice prior to Friday’s game and was inserted back into the lineup at first base after a two-game absence.
Teixeira injured his left wrist Sunday and aggravated it while playing Monday. After an MRI Tuesday came back negative, he was diagnosed with inflammation.
Teixeira will hit cleanup in an unusual Yankees lineup against Seattle tonight. It’s just his fourth time there this season after 61 appearances batting fifth and 28 batting third.
The Yankees also have Curtis Granderson leading off for just the fourth time this season, with Derek Jeter in the two hole. Plus, Russell Martin is catching CC Sabathia for just the third time this year.
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 4
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 19
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 7
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 4
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 33
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 80
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (80)