Aug 3, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
Mark Teixeria pronounced himself ready to go after taking grounders and batting practice prior to Friday’s game and was inserted back into the lineup at first base after a two-game absence.
Teixeira injured his left wrist Sunday and aggravated it while playing Monday. After an MRI Tuesday came back negative, he was diagnosed with inflammation.
Teixeira will hit cleanup in an unusual Yankees lineup against Seattle tonight. It’s just his fourth time there this season after 61 appearances batting fifth and 28 batting third.
The Yankees also have Curtis Granderson leading off for just the fourth time this season, with Derek Jeter in the two hole. Plus, Russell Martin is catching CC Sabathia for just the third time this year.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 0
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 26
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 45
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)