Aug 3, 2012, 6:18 PM EST
Mark Teixeria pronounced himself ready to go after taking grounders and batting practice prior to Friday’s game and was inserted back into the lineup at first base after a two-game absence.
Teixeira injured his left wrist Sunday and aggravated it while playing Monday. After an MRI Tuesday came back negative, he was diagnosed with inflammation.
Teixeira will hit cleanup in an unusual Yankees lineup against Seattle tonight. It’s just his fourth time there this season after 61 appearances batting fifth and 28 batting third.
The Yankees also have Curtis Granderson leading off for just the fourth time this season, with Derek Jeter in the two hole. Plus, Russell Martin is catching CC Sabathia for just the third time this year.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)