Aug 3, 2012, 3:25 PM EDT
I actually just finished writing a tidbit-laden post about Red Sox right-hander Aaron Cook having MLB’s lowest strikeout rate since 1945, but then I saw this article on the same topic by Matthew Kory at Baseball Prospectus and realized mine was approximately one percent as good.
So instead of posting an obviously inferior version I just deleted mine and will link to his. Trust me, it’s worth the read:
Also, people of the internet: Please stop writing really good, lengthy articles about subjects on which I was planning to write mediocre, brief blog posts. You’re ruining everything.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 35
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)