Aug 3, 2012, 3:25 PM EST
I actually just finished writing a tidbit-laden post about Red Sox right-hander Aaron Cook having MLB’s lowest strikeout rate since 1945, but then I saw this article on the same topic by Matthew Kory at Baseball Prospectus and realized mine was approximately one percent as good.
So instead of posting an obviously inferior version I just deleted mine and will link to his. Trust me, it’s worth the read:
Also, people of the internet: Please stop writing really good, lengthy articles about subjects on which I was planning to write mediocre, brief blog posts. You’re ruining everything.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 12
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 63
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4