Aug 4, 2012, 7:02 PM EDT
From beat writer Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post comes word that the Rockies have placed Michael Cuddyer on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained right oblique and recalled right-handed reliever Edgmer Escalona in a corresponding 25-man roster move to take the outfielder’s place.
Cuddyer’s disabling was made retroactive to August 1, so he will be eligible to return in under two weeks.
The 33-year-old has posted a .260/.317/.486 batting line with 15 home runs, 30 doubles and 56 RBI through his first 395 plate appearances with last-place Colorado. He signed a three-year, $31.5 million free agent contract back in December.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)