Aug 4, 2012, 7:02 PM EDT
From beat writer Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post comes word that the Rockies have placed Michael Cuddyer on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained right oblique and recalled right-handed reliever Edgmer Escalona in a corresponding 25-man roster move to take the outfielder’s place.
Cuddyer’s disabling was made retroactive to August 1, so he will be eligible to return in under two weeks.
The 33-year-old has posted a .260/.317/.486 batting line with 15 home runs, 30 doubles and 56 RBI through his first 395 plate appearances with last-place Colorado. He signed a three-year, $31.5 million free agent contract back in December.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)