Aug 4, 2012, 7:02 PM EDT
From beat writer Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post comes word that the Rockies have placed Michael Cuddyer on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained right oblique and recalled right-handed reliever Edgmer Escalona in a corresponding 25-man roster move to take the outfielder’s place.
Cuddyer’s disabling was made retroactive to August 1, so he will be eligible to return in under two weeks.
The 33-year-old has posted a .260/.317/.486 batting line with 15 home runs, 30 doubles and 56 RBI through his first 395 plate appearances with last-place Colorado. He signed a three-year, $31.5 million free agent contract back in December.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 27
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 19
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 34
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)