Aug 4, 2012, 7:02 PM EST
From beat writer Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post comes word that the Rockies have placed Michael Cuddyer on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained right oblique and recalled right-handed reliever Edgmer Escalona in a corresponding 25-man roster move to take the outfielder’s place.
Cuddyer’s disabling was made retroactive to August 1, so he will be eligible to return in under two weeks.
The 33-year-old has posted a .260/.317/.486 batting line with 15 home runs, 30 doubles and 56 RBI through his first 395 plate appearances with last-place Colorado. He signed a three-year, $31.5 million free agent contract back in December.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)