Aug 4, 2012, 7:02 PM EDT
From beat writer Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post comes word that the Rockies have placed Michael Cuddyer on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained right oblique and recalled right-handed reliever Edgmer Escalona in a corresponding 25-man roster move to take the outfielder’s place.
Cuddyer’s disabling was made retroactive to August 1, so he will be eligible to return in under two weeks.
The 33-year-old has posted a .260/.317/.486 batting line with 15 home runs, 30 doubles and 56 RBI through his first 395 plate appearances with last-place Colorado. He signed a three-year, $31.5 million free agent contract back in December.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 0
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 20
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)