Aug 5, 2012, 5:55 PM EDT
Pinch-hitting for Tyler Flowers, Pierzynski hit a tie-breaking two-run homer off Jason Isringhausen in the bottom of the seventh. It was his fifth straight game with a homer, matching a White Sox record.
Seven White Sox have homered in five straight games, including Frank Thomas twice. Paul Konerko was the last to do it last season.
Pierzynski’s 21 homers are three more than his career high from 2005, his first season in Chicago. He’s gotten there in just 311 at-bats. Between 2010 and ’11, he had 17 homers in 938 at-bats.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 3
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 11
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (87)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (75)