Aug 5, 2012, 5:55 PM EDT
Pinch-hitting for Tyler Flowers, Pierzynski hit a tie-breaking two-run homer off Jason Isringhausen in the bottom of the seventh. It was his fifth straight game with a homer, matching a White Sox record.
Seven White Sox have homered in five straight games, including Frank Thomas twice. Paul Konerko was the last to do it last season.
Pierzynski’s 21 homers are three more than his career high from 2005, his first season in Chicago. He’s gotten there in just 311 at-bats. Between 2010 and ’11, he had 17 homers in 938 at-bats.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 34
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 39
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 51
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)