Aug 5, 2012, 7:22 PM EST
Good news here for the AL East-leading Yankees.
“Waiting now, just have to wait it out,” A-Rod said. “There’s nothing I can do but wait it out now.”
If all continues to go smoothly with his rehabilitation, Rodriguez should be back on the Yankees’ active roster near the end of August. He fractured the fifth metacarpal in his left hand when he was hit by a pitch in late July.
Veteran left-hander Andy Pettitte is also making steady progress. He’s now riding a stationary bike, doing pool workouts and throwing lightly in a cage without feeling any lingering discomfort in his once-fractured left ankle. The 40-year-old is aiming to return to the Bombers’ rotation at some point in September.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)