Aug 5, 2012, 7:22 PM EDT
Good news here for the AL East-leading Yankees.
“Waiting now, just have to wait it out,” A-Rod said. “There’s nothing I can do but wait it out now.”
If all continues to go smoothly with his rehabilitation, Rodriguez should be back on the Yankees’ active roster near the end of August. He fractured the fifth metacarpal in his left hand when he was hit by a pitch in late July.
Veteran left-hander Andy Pettitte is also making steady progress. He’s now riding a stationary bike, doing pool workouts and throwing lightly in a cage without feeling any lingering discomfort in his once-fractured left ankle. The 40-year-old is aiming to return to the Bombers’ rotation at some point in September.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)