Aug 5, 2012, 11:29 AM EST
A’s starter Brandon McCarthy is ready to rock.
According to CSN Bay Area’s Nate Stuhlbarg, the right-hander tossed six shutout innings Saturday at Triple-A Sacramento in what should be his final rehab start. He allowed only two hits and needed just 73 pitches despite striking out nine opposing hitters.
McCarthy has been on the disabled list since June 20 because of soreness in his throwing shoulder.
The 29-year-old had a 2.54 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 52/19 K/BB ratio in 78 innings before hitting the shelf.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)