Aug 5, 2012, 11:29 AM EST
A’s starter Brandon McCarthy is ready to rock.
According to CSN Bay Area’s Nate Stuhlbarg, the right-hander tossed six shutout innings Saturday at Triple-A Sacramento in what should be his final rehab start. He allowed only two hits and needed just 73 pitches despite striking out nine opposing hitters.
McCarthy has been on the disabled list since June 20 because of soreness in his throwing shoulder.
The 29-year-old had a 2.54 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 52/19 K/BB ratio in 78 innings before hitting the shelf.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)