Aug 5, 2012, 5:33 PM EDT
After taking a backseat for 3 1/2 months, Pythagoras has given the Indians quite a beatdown lately.
The Indians scored three times in the top of the 10th, only to give up five runs in the bottom of the inning and lose 10-8 to the Tigers on Sunday. It was their ninth consecutive defeat.
The blown save was Perez’s third. He’s handled the tough chances exceptionally well, going 11-for-11 protecting one-run leads. However, he’s now blown a pair of three-run leads and one two-run lead.
The Indians got their lead in the 10th on back-to-back homers from Travis Hafner and Ezequiel Carrera. It was Carrera’s first homer in 214 major league at-bats. He went 7-for-12 in the series after replacing Johnny Damon in Cleveland’s outfield.
The Indians are now 50-58 on the season. They spent much of the first half of the season over .500 despite a negative run differential. As bad as they’ve played lately, they currently have the worst run differential in the entire American League at -90 (458 runs scored, 548 allowed).
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 11
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 120
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 72
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)