Aug 5, 2012, 5:33 PM EST
After taking a backseat for 3 1/2 months, Pythagoras has given the Indians quite a beatdown lately.
The Indians scored three times in the top of the 10th, only to give up five runs in the bottom of the inning and lose 10-8 to the Tigers on Sunday. It was their ninth consecutive defeat.
The blown save was Perez’s third. He’s handled the tough chances exceptionally well, going 11-for-11 protecting one-run leads. However, he’s now blown a pair of three-run leads and one two-run lead.
The Indians got their lead in the 10th on back-to-back homers from Travis Hafner and Ezequiel Carrera. It was Carrera’s first homer in 214 major league at-bats. He went 7-for-12 in the series after replacing Johnny Damon in Cleveland’s outfield.
The Indians are now 50-58 on the season. They spent much of the first half of the season over .500 despite a negative run differential. As bad as they’ve played lately, they currently have the worst run differential in the entire American League at -90 (458 runs scored, 548 allowed).
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)