Aug 5, 2012, 5:33 PM EDT
After taking a backseat for 3 1/2 months, Pythagoras has given the Indians quite a beatdown lately.
The Indians scored three times in the top of the 10th, only to give up five runs in the bottom of the inning and lose 10-8 to the Tigers on Sunday. It was their ninth consecutive defeat.
The blown save was Perez’s third. He’s handled the tough chances exceptionally well, going 11-for-11 protecting one-run leads. However, he’s now blown a pair of three-run leads and one two-run lead.
The Indians got their lead in the 10th on back-to-back homers from Travis Hafner and Ezequiel Carrera. It was Carrera’s first homer in 214 major league at-bats. He went 7-for-12 in the series after replacing Johnny Damon in Cleveland’s outfield.
The Indians are now 50-58 on the season. They spent much of the first half of the season over .500 despite a negative run differential. As bad as they’ve played lately, they currently have the worst run differential in the entire American League at -90 (458 runs scored, 548 allowed).
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 113
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (172)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)