Aug 5, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
As first reported by beat writer Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com, the Red Sox have acquired infielder Danny Valencia from the Twins in exchange for minor-league outfielder Jeremias Pineda.
Valencia has been assigned to Triple-A Pawtucket, where he’ll attempt to rebuild his career after batting just .198/.212/.310 in 132 plate appearances with Minnesota and .250/.289/.399 for their Triple-A club.
The 27-year-old slugged 15 home runs and collected 72 RBI across 608 plate appearances last season.
Pinedas, 21, was hitting .421 with a .981 OPS in 36 games this year for Boston’s Gulf Coast League affiliate.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8