Aug 5, 2012, 2:52 PM EST
As first reported by beat writer Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com, the Red Sox have acquired infielder Danny Valencia from the Twins in exchange for minor-league outfielder Jeremias Pineda.
Valencia has been assigned to Triple-A Pawtucket, where he’ll attempt to rebuild his career after batting just .198/.212/.310 in 132 plate appearances with Minnesota and .250/.289/.399 for their Triple-A club.
The 27-year-old slugged 15 home runs and collected 72 RBI across 608 plate appearances last season.
Pinedas, 21, was hitting .421 with a .981 OPS in 36 games this year for Boston’s Gulf Coast League affiliate.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)