Aug 5, 2012, 2:52 PM EST
As first reported by beat writer Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com, the Red Sox have acquired infielder Danny Valencia from the Twins in exchange for minor-league outfielder Jeremias Pineda.
Valencia has been assigned to Triple-A Pawtucket, where he’ll attempt to rebuild his career after batting just .198/.212/.310 in 132 plate appearances with Minnesota and .250/.289/.399 for their Triple-A club.
The 27-year-old slugged 15 home runs and collected 72 RBI across 608 plate appearances last season.
Pinedas, 21, was hitting .421 with a .981 OPS in 36 games this year for Boston’s Gulf Coast League affiliate.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 329
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (330)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)