Aug 5, 2012, 8:33 AM EDT
There’s apparently no stoppin’ the mighty Redlegs.
Backed by Todd Frazier‘s timely hitting and another outstanding performance by the National League’s top bullpen, Cincinnati rolled to its fifth consecutive victory Saturday night at Great American Ball Park.
Joey Votto has been sidelined since July 15 due to knee surgery and Brandon Phillips hasn’t started a game in the month of August due to a left calf strain, but the Reds have now finished victorious in 19 of 22 games since the All-Star break and boast the best overall winning percentage (.617) in Major League Baseball.
Cincy is 5 1/2 games up in the National League Central standings. The Pirates are second and the defending World Series champion Cardinals are currently sitting in third.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
Blue Jays 3, Athletics 1 (11 innings)
Angels 6, White Sox 5 (10 innings)
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)