Aug 5, 2012, 8:33 AM EDT
There’s apparently no stoppin’ the mighty Redlegs.
Backed by Todd Frazier‘s timely hitting and another outstanding performance by the National League’s top bullpen, Cincinnati rolled to its fifth consecutive victory Saturday night at Great American Ball Park.
Joey Votto has been sidelined since July 15 due to knee surgery and Brandon Phillips hasn’t started a game in the month of August due to a left calf strain, but the Reds have now finished victorious in 19 of 22 games since the All-Star break and boast the best overall winning percentage (.617) in Major League Baseball.
Cincy is 5 1/2 games up in the National League Central standings. The Pirates are second and the defending World Series champion Cardinals are currently sitting in third.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
Blue Jays 3, Athletics 1 (11 innings)
Angels 6, White Sox 5 (10 innings)
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8