Aug 5, 2012, 8:33 AM EDT
There’s apparently no stoppin’ the mighty Redlegs.
Backed by Todd Frazier‘s timely hitting and another outstanding performance by the National League’s top bullpen, Cincinnati rolled to its fifth consecutive victory Saturday night at Great American Ball Park.
Joey Votto has been sidelined since July 15 due to knee surgery and Brandon Phillips hasn’t started a game in the month of August due to a left calf strain, but the Reds have now finished victorious in 19 of 22 games since the All-Star break and boast the best overall winning percentage (.617) in Major League Baseball.
Cincy is 5 1/2 games up in the National League Central standings. The Pirates are second and the defending World Series champion Cardinals are currently sitting in third.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
Blue Jays 3, Athletics 1 (11 innings)
Angels 6, White Sox 5 (10 innings)
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)