Aug 5, 2012, 8:33 AM EDT
There’s apparently no stoppin’ the mighty Redlegs.
Backed by Todd Frazier‘s timely hitting and another outstanding performance by the National League’s top bullpen, Cincinnati rolled to its fifth consecutive victory Saturday night at Great American Ball Park.
Joey Votto has been sidelined since July 15 due to knee surgery and Brandon Phillips hasn’t started a game in the month of August due to a left calf strain, but the Reds have now finished victorious in 19 of 22 games since the All-Star break and boast the best overall winning percentage (.617) in Major League Baseball.
Cincy is 5 1/2 games up in the National League Central standings. The Pirates are second and the defending World Series champion Cardinals are currently sitting in third.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
Blue Jays 3, Athletics 1 (11 innings)
Angels 6, White Sox 5 (10 innings)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 0
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 1
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 13
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 37
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)