Aug 5, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Considering he’s doing the whole farewell tour thing, it would be kind of lame if Chipper Jones decided to come back for another season in 2013. Yet as well as he’s playing, who could blame him if he did want to have another go at it? Jones, though, said once again Sunday that his retirement decision is final.
“I thought I was fully capable of doing what I’m doing,” he told Dave O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “In fact, I told my agent in spring training. He told me, ‘You can’t back-track on this [retirement decision]. If you’ve got 20 homers and you’re hitting .300 and you’ve got 80 or 90 RBIs, you can’t second-guess yourself.’ And I said, well, I’m going to have those numbers, and I’m ready to leave.
“I’m ready to move on.”
At least we’ll still have his tweets.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)