Aug 5, 2012, 10:38 AM EDT
Dodgers left-hander Ted Lilly was scratched from a rehab start Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga due to renewed discomfort in his throwing shoulder. And now he’s without a recovery timetable.
J.P. Hoornstra of the Los Angeles Daily News has the update:
With two months left in the season, the likelihood of Lilly being ready to throw 100 pitches every fifth night are dimming.
Having him rejoin the team as a reliever “is one of the things we could look at,” [Dodgers manager] Don Mattingly said.
Even that, however, isn’t certain to happen.
Lilly has been on the disabled list since late May because of left shoulder inflammation. He had a superb 3.14 ERA and 1.13 WHIP in 48 2/3 innings before going down. The Dodgers, currently a half-game back in the National League West, acquired starter Joe Blanton from the Phillies on Friday in a waiver trade.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 10
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 38
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires