Aug 5, 2012, 1:43 PM EDT
Yet another waiver transaction is in the books.
Baker, 31, had a .269/.306/.448 slash line, four homers, 10 doubles and 20 RBI in 144 plate appearances this season with Chicago.
The owner of a decent .757 career OPS, he should help bolster the Detroit bench for the stretch run. And it’s highly doubtful that those PTBNLs will turn out to be serviceable major leaguers.
The Tigers enter play Sunday with a 57-50 record, ranking second behind the White Sox in the AL Central.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 1
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 38
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 22
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 34
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)