Aug 5, 2012, 1:43 PM EDT
Yet another waiver transaction is in the books.
Baker, 31, had a .269/.306/.448 slash line, four homers, 10 doubles and 20 RBI in 144 plate appearances this season with Chicago.
The owner of a decent .757 career OPS, he should help bolster the Detroit bench for the stretch run. And it’s highly doubtful that those PTBNLs will turn out to be serviceable major leaguers.
The Tigers enter play Sunday with a 57-50 record, ranking second behind the White Sox in the AL Central.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 5
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit