Aug 5, 2012, 1:43 PM EDT
Yet another waiver transaction is in the books.
Baker, 31, had a .269/.306/.448 slash line, four homers, 10 doubles and 20 RBI in 144 plate appearances this season with Chicago.
The owner of a decent .757 career OPS, he should help bolster the Detroit bench for the stretch run. And it’s highly doubtful that those PTBNLs will turn out to be serviceable major leaguers.
The Tigers enter play Sunday with a 57-50 record, ranking second behind the White Sox in the AL Central.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)