Aug 5, 2012, 1:43 PM EDT
Yet another waiver transaction is in the books.
Baker, 31, had a .269/.306/.448 slash line, four homers, 10 doubles and 20 RBI in 144 plate appearances this season with Chicago.
The owner of a decent .757 career OPS, he should help bolster the Detroit bench for the stretch run. And it’s highly doubtful that those PTBNLs will turn out to be serviceable major leaguers.
The Tigers enter play Sunday with a 57-50 record, ranking second behind the White Sox in the AL Central.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)