Aug 5, 2012, 1:43 PM EDT
Yet another waiver transaction is in the books.
Baker, 31, had a .269/.306/.448 slash line, four homers, 10 doubles and 20 RBI in 144 plate appearances this season with Chicago.
The owner of a decent .757 career OPS, he should help bolster the Detroit bench for the stretch run. And it’s highly doubtful that those PTBNLs will turn out to be serviceable major leaguers.
The Tigers enter play Sunday with a 57-50 record, ranking second behind the White Sox in the AL Central.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)