Aug 6, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Mijares signed a one-year deal with the Royals after being non-tendered by the Twins this offseason and has pitched well with a 2.56 ERA and 37/13 K/BB ratio in 39 innings.
By not pulling him back off waivers and allowing the Giants to assume his contract the Royals only save about $350,000, so it’s a bit of an odd move considering how effective Mijares has been for most of the season. Why give him away for nothing?
And the highlight of Mijares’ season was undoubtedly sharing a hotel elevator with me while the Royals were in Minnesota during the SABR convention.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million