Aug 6, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Mijares signed a one-year deal with the Royals after being non-tendered by the Twins this offseason and has pitched well with a 2.56 ERA and 37/13 K/BB ratio in 39 innings.
By not pulling him back off waivers and allowing the Giants to assume his contract the Royals only save about $350,000, so it’s a bit of an odd move considering how effective Mijares has been for most of the season. Why give him away for nothing?
And the highlight of Mijares’ season was undoubtedly sharing a hotel elevator with me while the Royals were in Minnesota during the SABR convention.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)