Aug 6, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Johan Santana tossed three innings yesterday in a minor-league rehab start at Single-A and looked good enough that he’s scheduled to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Mets’ rotation Saturday.
Santana threw only 38 pitches as part of his recovery from a sprained ankle, but Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that he tossed another 50 pitches in the bullpen after the game.
Assuming the Mets’ plans don’t change Santana will face the Braves on Saturday, in New York. Prior to the DL stint he allowed 19 runs in 13 innings over a three-start span, so the status of his ankle will only be part of the story when Santana takes the mound.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 9
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 31
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)