Aug 6, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Johan Santana tossed three innings yesterday in a minor-league rehab start at Single-A and looked good enough that he’s scheduled to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Mets’ rotation Saturday.
Santana threw only 38 pitches as part of his recovery from a sprained ankle, but Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that he tossed another 50 pitches in the bullpen after the game.
Assuming the Mets’ plans don’t change Santana will face the Braves on Saturday, in New York. Prior to the DL stint he allowed 19 runs in 13 innings over a three-start span, so the status of his ankle will only be part of the story when Santana takes the mound.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)