Aug 6, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Johan Santana tossed three innings yesterday in a minor-league rehab start at Single-A and looked good enough that he’s scheduled to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Mets’ rotation Saturday.
Santana threw only 38 pitches as part of his recovery from a sprained ankle, but Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that he tossed another 50 pitches in the bullpen after the game.
Assuming the Mets’ plans don’t change Santana will face the Braves on Saturday, in New York. Prior to the DL stint he allowed 19 runs in 13 innings over a three-start span, so the status of his ankle will only be part of the story when Santana takes the mound.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 17
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)