Aug 6, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The White Sox announced that John Danks had his surgery today. And you’re not gonna believe this, but it was a success.
In White Sox speak, Danks underwent sugery to “arthroscopically repair a capsular tear & minor debridements of the rotator cuff and biceps in his left shoulder.” Which sounds kinda icky, but the good news out of that is that there was no tear in his labrum.
The other good news: the team says “Danks is expected to be fully able by the start of 2013 spring training, where he will be on a regular schedule.”
Danks was 3-4 with a 5.70 ERA in nine starts this year, the first in a $66 million extension that takes him through 2016.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)