Aug 6, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The White Sox announced that John Danks had his surgery today. And you’re not gonna believe this, but it was a success.
In White Sox speak, Danks underwent sugery to “arthroscopically repair a capsular tear & minor debridements of the rotator cuff and biceps in his left shoulder.” Which sounds kinda icky, but the good news out of that is that there was no tear in his labrum.
The other good news: the team says “Danks is expected to be fully able by the start of 2013 spring training, where he will be on a regular schedule.”
Danks was 3-4 with a 5.70 ERA in nine starts this year, the first in a $66 million extension that takes him through 2016.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)