Aug 6, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The White Sox announced that John Danks had his surgery today. And you’re not gonna believe this, but it was a success.
In White Sox speak, Danks underwent sugery to “arthroscopically repair a capsular tear & minor debridements of the rotator cuff and biceps in his left shoulder.” Which sounds kinda icky, but the good news out of that is that there was no tear in his labrum.
The other good news: the team says “Danks is expected to be fully able by the start of 2013 spring training, where he will be on a regular schedule.”
Danks was 3-4 with a 5.70 ERA in nine starts this year, the first in a $66 million extension that takes him through 2016.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 97
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 46
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 15
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 6
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 73
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement