Aug 6, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The White Sox announced that John Danks had his surgery today. And you’re not gonna believe this, but it was a success.
In White Sox speak, Danks underwent sugery to “arthroscopically repair a capsular tear & minor debridements of the rotator cuff and biceps in his left shoulder.” Which sounds kinda icky, but the good news out of that is that there was no tear in his labrum.
The other good news: the team says “Danks is expected to be fully able by the start of 2013 spring training, where he will be on a regular schedule.”
Danks was 3-4 with a 5.70 ERA in nine starts this year, the first in a $66 million extension that takes him through 2016.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)