Aug 6, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The White Sox announced that John Danks had his surgery today. And you’re not gonna believe this, but it was a success.
In White Sox speak, Danks underwent sugery to “arthroscopically repair a capsular tear & minor debridements of the rotator cuff and biceps in his left shoulder.” Which sounds kinda icky, but the good news out of that is that there was no tear in his labrum.
The other good news: the team says “Danks is expected to be fully able by the start of 2013 spring training, where he will be on a regular schedule.”
Danks was 3-4 with a 5.70 ERA in nine starts this year, the first in a $66 million extension that takes him through 2016.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)