Aug 6, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
Assistant general manager Thad Levine said the club has talked to Oswalt about his desire to start but made it clear to him that he will be used out of the bullpen. Levine declined to say if Oswalt has asked to be traded.
I presume that one of two things happens now: Oswalt shuts up and takes the ball when Ron Washington gives it to him or else he gets DFA’d. The Rangers are in a pennant race. They don’t have time to deal with this kind of garbage.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17