Aug 6, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
Assistant general manager Thad Levine said the club has talked to Oswalt about his desire to start but made it clear to him that he will be used out of the bullpen. Levine declined to say if Oswalt has asked to be traded.
I presume that one of two things happens now: Oswalt shuts up and takes the ball when Ron Washington gives it to him or else he gets DFA’d. The Rangers are in a pennant race. They don’t have time to deal with this kind of garbage.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 16
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8