Aug 6, 2012, 5:32 PM EST
Assistant general manager Thad Levine said the club has talked to Oswalt about his desire to start but made it clear to him that he will be used out of the bullpen. Levine declined to say if Oswalt has asked to be traded.
I presume that one of two things happens now: Oswalt shuts up and takes the ball when Ron Washington gives it to him or else he gets DFA’d. The Rangers are in a pennant race. They don’t have time to deal with this kind of garbage.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 41
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)