Aug 6, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
Assistant general manager Thad Levine said the club has talked to Oswalt about his desire to start but made it clear to him that he will be used out of the bullpen. Levine declined to say if Oswalt has asked to be traded.
I presume that one of two things happens now: Oswalt shuts up and takes the ball when Ron Washington gives it to him or else he gets DFA’d. The Rangers are in a pennant race. They don’t have time to deal with this kind of garbage.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)