Aug 6, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Marcum was shifted from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list last week, which means he’s not even eligible to return until next week. And he’s unlikely to be ready by then anyway, as the Brewers haven’t scheduled a minor-league rehab assignment yet.
If healthy Marcum likely would have been traded along with Zack Greinke last month, but the impending free agent’s elbow injury and history of arm problems put the Brewers in a tough spot. It’s possible he could return in time to make or two starts before August 31, allowing the Brewers to potentially make a late deal for him that brings back a little value, but he hasn’t pitched since June 14.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)