Aug 6, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Marcum was shifted from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list last week, which means he’s not even eligible to return until next week. And he’s unlikely to be ready by then anyway, as the Brewers haven’t scheduled a minor-league rehab assignment yet.
If healthy Marcum likely would have been traded along with Zack Greinke last month, but the impending free agent’s elbow injury and history of arm problems put the Brewers in a tough spot. It’s possible he could return in time to make or two starts before August 31, allowing the Brewers to potentially make a late deal for him that brings back a little value, but he hasn’t pitched since June 14.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)