Aug 6, 2012, 7:35 PM EST
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Marcum is scheduled to make a minor league rehab start Thursday with Class A Wisconsin. It will be his first start since June 14 due to right elbow soreness.
Marcum was recently moved over to the 60-day disabled list, so he won’t be eligible to rejoin the Brewers until August 15. Of course, given the long layoff, he will require need multiple rehab starts, anyway.
Marcum, an impending free agent, posted a 3.39 ERA and 77/29 K/BB ratio over his first 13 starts this season prior to hitting the shelf. Assuming he avoids any setbacks, he’ll have a limited window to be showcased for a potential waiver deal before August 31.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)