Aug 6, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Marcum is scheduled to make a minor league rehab start Thursday with Class A Wisconsin. It will be his first start since June 14 due to right elbow soreness.
Marcum was recently moved over to the 60-day disabled list, so he won’t be eligible to rejoin the Brewers until August 15. Of course, given the long layoff, he will require need multiple rehab starts, anyway.
Marcum, an impending free agent, posted a 3.39 ERA and 77/29 K/BB ratio over his first 13 starts this season prior to hitting the shelf. Assuming he avoids any setbacks, he’ll have a limited window to be showcased for a potential waiver deal before August 31.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)