Aug 6, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Marcum is scheduled to make a minor league rehab start Thursday with Class A Wisconsin. It will be his first start since June 14 due to right elbow soreness.
Marcum was recently moved over to the 60-day disabled list, so he won’t be eligible to rejoin the Brewers until August 15. Of course, given the long layoff, he will require need multiple rehab starts, anyway.
Marcum, an impending free agent, posted a 3.39 ERA and 77/29 K/BB ratio over his first 13 starts this season prior to hitting the shelf. Assuming he avoids any setbacks, he’ll have a limited window to be showcased for a potential waiver deal before August 31.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 21
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 12
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 20
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)