Aug 6, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
While every other contender in the National League made a move or two, the Nats didn’t do much of anything at the trade deadline. That changed today:
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) August 6, 2012
OK, maybe it wasn’t exactly a game-changer, as Izturis can’t hit a lick (he’s at .235/.248/.333 this season). But if you don’t play someone in the infield you tend to allow a lot more singles, so there’s that.
The real news of this deal, actually, is the Brewers losing Izturis, thereby allowing Jean Segura — the infield prospect they got from the Angels in the Zack Greinke deal — get some big league PT.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 29
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 8
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15