Aug 6, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
While every other contender in the National League made a move or two, the Nats didn’t do much of anything at the trade deadline. That changed today:
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) August 6, 2012
OK, maybe it wasn’t exactly a game-changer, as Izturis can’t hit a lick (he’s at .235/.248/.333 this season). But if you don’t play someone in the infield you tend to allow a lot more singles, so there’s that.
The real news of this deal, actually, is the Brewers losing Izturis, thereby allowing Jean Segura — the infield prospect they got from the Angels in the Zack Greinke deal — get some big league PT.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)