Aug 6, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
While every other contender in the National League made a move or two, the Nats didn’t do much of anything at the trade deadline. That changed today:
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) August 6, 2012
OK, maybe it wasn’t exactly a game-changer, as Izturis can’t hit a lick (he’s at .235/.248/.333 this season). But if you don’t play someone in the infield you tend to allow a lot more singles, so there’s that.
The real news of this deal, actually, is the Brewers losing Izturis, thereby allowing Jean Segura — the infield prospect they got from the Angels in the Zack Greinke deal — get some big league PT.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)