Aug 6, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
While every other contender in the National League made a move or two, the Nats didn’t do much of anything at the trade deadline. That changed today:
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) August 6, 2012
OK, maybe it wasn’t exactly a game-changer, as Izturis can’t hit a lick (he’s at .235/.248/.333 this season). But if you don’t play someone in the infield you tend to allow a lot more singles, so there’s that.
The real news of this deal, actually, is the Brewers losing Izturis, thereby allowing Jean Segura — the infield prospect they got from the Angels in the Zack Greinke deal — get some big league PT.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27