Aug 7, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
After hovering around 90 mph July 27 in Texas, concerns about Sale’s drop in velocity evaporated as the 23-year-old was consistently hurtling his fastball in the 93-95 mph range Monday.
And of course he was effective, allowing two runs on eight hits in eight innings and not walking anyone.
That’s good news for a guy who you sorta have to worry about at this point of the season. After all, he only threw 71 innings as a reliever last season, and already he’s up to 132. The White Sox need him to be effective down the stretch. Here’s hoping the one extended break is enough.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)