Aug 7, 2012, 3:27 PM EST
A member of The Best Fans in Baseball got arrested last night in St. Louis for aiming a laser pointer at Giants pitcher Shane Loux and Cardinals manager Mike Matheny. And, you’re not gonna believe this, but it appeared to be some dumb rich kid, doing it from a luxury suite his friend’s dad owned:
City police arrested a 17-year-old boy from the Ladue area for allegedly pointing a green laser at the opposing team’s pitcher and at Cardinals Manager Mike Matheny in Busch Stadium during Monday night’s game … Matheny then saw the culprit laughing from a suite along the first base line … The Cardinals’ skipper made eye contact with the teen, pointed to him and mouthed the words, “I see you.” The teen then laughed, waved and pointed the laser above the manager’s head.
The cops went after him and he tried to run. He dropped the pointer in a trash can, but they found it. The kid was held for disturbing the peace, but prosecutors are looking at other possible charges. I hope it’s not illegal to use those things or else I’m going to soon have way, way less fun with my cat.
Anyway, you don’t often hear about this kind of thing at sporting events. It’s usually interfering with aircraft that gets you busted for this sort of thing. But according to the article this happened at Citizens Bank Park back in 2009, so it’s not unprecedented.
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 4
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 133
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 42
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 371
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (371)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (134)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)