Aug 7, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT
A member of The Best Fans in Baseball got arrested last night in St. Louis for aiming a laser pointer at Giants pitcher Shane Loux and Cardinals manager Mike Matheny. And, you’re not gonna believe this, but it appeared to be some dumb rich kid, doing it from a luxury suite his friend’s dad owned:
City police arrested a 17-year-old boy from the Ladue area for allegedly pointing a green laser at the opposing team’s pitcher and at Cardinals Manager Mike Matheny in Busch Stadium during Monday night’s game … Matheny then saw the culprit laughing from a suite along the first base line … The Cardinals’ skipper made eye contact with the teen, pointed to him and mouthed the words, “I see you.” The teen then laughed, waved and pointed the laser above the manager’s head.
The cops went after him and he tried to run. He dropped the pointer in a trash can, but they found it. The kid was held for disturbing the peace, but prosecutors are looking at other possible charges. I hope it’s not illegal to use those things or else I’m going to soon have way, way less fun with my cat.
Anyway, you don’t often hear about this kind of thing at sporting events. It’s usually interfering with aircraft that gets you busted for this sort of thing. But according to the article this happened at Citizens Bank Park back in 2009, so it’s not unprecedented.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 1
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 37
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 118
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (118)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)