Aug 7, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
It’s been suspected that things are going this way, but Jason Bay is now officially a $16 million per year platoon player:
Collins said he’s going to have a talk with Bay about his use going forward, meaning he is now a matchup player. No longer the everyday LF.
— David Lennon (@DPLennon) August 7, 2012
Bay has been utterly ravaged by injuries, including multiple concussions. He’ll likely continue to start against lefties, but at this point it’s hard to point to a more ineffective player giving a team less bang for its buck.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims