Aug 7, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
It’s been suspected that things are going this way, but Jason Bay is now officially a $16 million per year platoon player:
Collins said he’s going to have a talk with Bay about his use going forward, meaning he is now a matchup player. No longer the everyday LF.
— David Lennon (@DPLennon) August 7, 2012
Bay has been utterly ravaged by injuries, including multiple concussions. He’ll likely continue to start against lefties, but at this point it’s hard to point to a more ineffective player giving a team less bang for its buck.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)