Aug 7, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
It’s been suspected that things are going this way, but Jason Bay is now officially a $16 million per year platoon player:
Collins said he’s going to have a talk with Bay about his use going forward, meaning he is now a matchup player. No longer the everyday LF.
— David Lennon (@DPLennon) August 7, 2012
Bay has been utterly ravaged by injuries, including multiple concussions. He’ll likely continue to start against lefties, but at this point it’s hard to point to a more ineffective player giving a team less bang for its buck.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)