Aug 7, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
It’s been suspected that things are going this way, but Jason Bay is now officially a $16 million per year platoon player:
Collins said he’s going to have a talk with Bay about his use going forward, meaning he is now a matchup player. No longer the everyday LF.
— David Lennon (@DPLennon) August 7, 2012
Bay has been utterly ravaged by injuries, including multiple concussions. He’ll likely continue to start against lefties, but at this point it’s hard to point to a more ineffective player giving a team less bang for its buck.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 46
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 19
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72