Aug 7, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
Jose Bautista was in sudden, excruciating pain when he injured his left wrist on July 16, yet the Blue Jays came back the next day and said the injury was merely an inflamed tendon.
Color me stunned that there may be more to it than that.
Bautista, who last swung a bat on Wednesday, is set for another MRI on the wrist this week because of continued pain in the area.
Of course, the Jays are still trying to leave as much room for optimism as they can. Just look at all of the modifiers in the first sentence of this quote:
“He’s still complaining of some soreness in one small area, there’s a recommendation of a follow-up MRI just to compare it to the original MRI,” manager John Farrell told Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca. “We’ll have further information once the MRI is complete.”
Some, one tiny little area, just to be on the safe side… well, surely he’ll be back in no-time flat.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 20
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 26
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 17
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 59
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 43
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)