Aug 7, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
Jose Bautista was in sudden, excruciating pain when he injured his left wrist on July 16, yet the Blue Jays came back the next day and said the injury was merely an inflamed tendon.
Color me stunned that there may be more to it than that.
Bautista, who last swung a bat on Wednesday, is set for another MRI on the wrist this week because of continued pain in the area.
Of course, the Jays are still trying to leave as much room for optimism as they can. Just look at all of the modifiers in the first sentence of this quote:
“He’s still complaining of some soreness in one small area, there’s a recommendation of a follow-up MRI just to compare it to the original MRI,” manager John Farrell told Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca. “We’ll have further information once the MRI is complete.”
Some, one tiny little area, just to be on the safe side… well, surely he’ll be back in no-time flat.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)