Aug 7, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
Jose Bautista was in sudden, excruciating pain when he injured his left wrist on July 16, yet the Blue Jays came back the next day and said the injury was merely an inflamed tendon.
Color me stunned that there may be more to it than that.
Bautista, who last swung a bat on Wednesday, is set for another MRI on the wrist this week because of continued pain in the area.
Of course, the Jays are still trying to leave as much room for optimism as they can. Just look at all of the modifiers in the first sentence of this quote:
“He’s still complaining of some soreness in one small area, there’s a recommendation of a follow-up MRI just to compare it to the original MRI,” manager John Farrell told Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca. “We’ll have further information once the MRI is complete.”
Some, one tiny little area, just to be on the safe side… well, surely he’ll be back in no-time flat.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)