Aug 7, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
Jose Bautista was in sudden, excruciating pain when he injured his left wrist on July 16, yet the Blue Jays came back the next day and said the injury was merely an inflamed tendon.
Color me stunned that there may be more to it than that.
Bautista, who last swung a bat on Wednesday, is set for another MRI on the wrist this week because of continued pain in the area.
Of course, the Jays are still trying to leave as much room for optimism as they can. Just look at all of the modifiers in the first sentence of this quote:
“He’s still complaining of some soreness in one small area, there’s a recommendation of a follow-up MRI just to compare it to the original MRI,” manager John Farrell told Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca. “We’ll have further information once the MRI is complete.”
Some, one tiny little area, just to be on the safe side… well, surely he’ll be back in no-time flat.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 21
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 86
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)