Aug 7, 2012, 6:23 PM EST
Jose Bautista was in sudden, excruciating pain when he injured his left wrist on July 16, yet the Blue Jays came back the next day and said the injury was merely an inflamed tendon.
Color me stunned that there may be more to it than that.
Bautista, who last swung a bat on Wednesday, is set for another MRI on the wrist this week because of continued pain in the area.
Of course, the Jays are still trying to leave as much room for optimism as they can. Just look at all of the modifiers in the first sentence of this quote:
“He’s still complaining of some soreness in one small area, there’s a recommendation of a follow-up MRI just to compare it to the original MRI,” manager John Farrell told Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca. “We’ll have further information once the MRI is complete.”
Some, one tiny little area, just to be on the safe side… well, surely he’ll be back in no-time flat.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)