Aug 7, 2012, 10:31 AM EDT
One would think that you want to use your DH slot to get your best available bat in the game. Ron Washington thinks differently. After talking about working with rookie Mike Olt on his defense, he had this to say about using him when he’s not playing third base:
The skipper said he doesn’t want to use Olt as a designated hitter at this point.
“He’s too young to DH,” Washington said.
Yeah, you need to at least 35 to be a good DH. Just ask Michael Young and his .271/.297/.348 line. You can’t replace that with a young guy.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)