Aug 7, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
I know a ton of you aren’t interested in this, but I have to post about it because when I upload pictures like this, WordPress saves them for me. Since I’ll be using it a lot next summer, it’ll be nice to have around. Anyway:
There were a lot of little speeches and photo op things at the unveiling a few minutes ago. But none tops this:
“Major League Baseball hit a home run when they chose to hold the 2013 All-Star Game in New York City,” said Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg.
Some speech writer makes a salary coming up with stuff like that.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)