Aug 7, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
I know a ton of you aren’t interested in this, but I have to post about it because when I upload pictures like this, WordPress saves them for me. Since I’ll be using it a lot next summer, it’ll be nice to have around. Anyway:
There were a lot of little speeches and photo op things at the unveiling a few minutes ago. But none tops this:
“Major League Baseball hit a home run when they chose to hold the 2013 All-Star Game in New York City,” said Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg.
Some speech writer makes a salary coming up with stuff like that.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead