Aug 7, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Blue Jays right-hander Dustin McGowan is going back under the knife, this time for arthroscopic shoulder surgery.
McGowan previously underwent shoulder surgeries in 2008 and 2010, and basically hasn’t been healthy in four years, throwing a grand total of 21 innings since 2008. All of which is why it was so odd when the Blue Jays decided to sign McGowan to a three-year, $4.1 million contract extension in March.
He hasn’t pitched since then in the minors or majors, and the Blue Jays won’t know how long he’ll be sidelined this time around until Dr. James Andrews takes a look inside his shoulder.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)