Aug 7, 2012, 2:14 PM EST
Blue Jays right-hander Dustin McGowan is going back under the knife, this time for arthroscopic shoulder surgery.
McGowan previously underwent shoulder surgeries in 2008 and 2010, and basically hasn’t been healthy in four years, throwing a grand total of 21 innings since 2008. All of which is why it was so odd when the Blue Jays decided to sign McGowan to a three-year, $4.1 million contract extension in March.
He hasn’t pitched since then in the minors or majors, and the Blue Jays won’t know how long he’ll be sidelined this time around until Dr. James Andrews takes a look inside his shoulder.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (92)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)