Aug 7, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
Good news here for the Giants, who are clinging to a half-game advantage in the National League West.
From CSNBayArea.com’s Andrew Baggarly comes word that Pablo Sandoval is tentatively scheduled to play in minor league rehab games Friday and Saturday at High-A San Jose and could be activated from the 15-day disabled list as early as Sunday.
Sandoval has been on the shelf since July 25 with a hamstring strain that he sustained while stretching for a thrown ball at first base. He ran in the outfield Tuesday afternoon at Busch Stadium in St. Louis and has a similar workout planned for Wednesday.
“Kung Fu Panda” was batting .299/.352/.491 with eight homers and 33 RBI in 62 games played this season.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 19
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 19
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)