Aug 7, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
Good news here for the Giants, who are clinging to a half-game advantage in the National League West.
From CSNBayArea.com’s Andrew Baggarly comes word that Pablo Sandoval is tentatively scheduled to play in minor league rehab games Friday and Saturday at High-A San Jose and could be activated from the 15-day disabled list as early as Sunday.
Sandoval has been on the shelf since July 25 with a hamstring strain that he sustained while stretching for a thrown ball at first base. He ran in the outfield Tuesday afternoon at Busch Stadium in St. Louis and has a similar workout planned for Wednesday.
“Kung Fu Panda” was batting .299/.352/.491 with eight homers and 33 RBI in 62 games played this season.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)