Aug 7, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
Good news here for the Giants, who are clinging to a half-game advantage in the National League West.
From CSNBayArea.com’s Andrew Baggarly comes word that Pablo Sandoval is tentatively scheduled to play in minor league rehab games Friday and Saturday at High-A San Jose and could be activated from the 15-day disabled list as early as Sunday.
Sandoval has been on the shelf since July 25 with a hamstring strain that he sustained while stretching for a thrown ball at first base. He ran in the outfield Tuesday afternoon at Busch Stadium in St. Louis and has a similar workout planned for Wednesday.
“Kung Fu Panda” was batting .299/.352/.491 with eight homers and 33 RBI in 62 games played this season.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)