Aug 7, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
It’s not technically “self-promotion” as we at HBT don’t have anything to do with it, but our corporate amigos at the NBC Sports Network are launching a new baseball show on August 15th:
Major League Baseball Productions and NBC Sports Group today announced a deal to collaborate on a new series titled Caught Looking, which will debut Wednesday, August 15, at 9:00 p.m. ET, with a new episode scheduled to air each subsequent week on Thursdays through October 4. Each original episode will be one hour in length and will air on NBC Sports Network.
Caught Looking will give baseball fans an exclusive look inside a specific weekend series, as Major League Baseball Productions cameras follow players, managers and front office personnel from both teams. Cameras will follow the two respective teams as they arrive at the ballpark, take batting practice, compete and prepare for each game. A different series will be featured in each episode, as the final eight weeks of the season unfolds.
I’m assuming that there will be no cameras back at the hotel. Which is a shame, really, because I talked to a person over the weekend who has a decent amount of experience interacting with ballplayers on road trips, and even the totally G-rated stuff from the hotel bars alone would be an absolute hoot.
Oh well, watch this, though. If it gets good ratings we’ll probably do it again and maybe next time we can dive deep into the more gossipy stuff.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 61
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)