Aug 7, 2012, 9:41 AM EDT
Victorino has informed his agents that he would like to re-sign with the Los Angeles Dodgers, the outfielder told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Monday … ”I don’t want to just be a two-month or three-month rental,” Victorino said. “I want to be here.”
That’s a pretty quick change for a guy who said he wanted to be in Philly forever right up until the time he was traded. But I guess it’s bad form to not want to be where you’re wanted and vice-versa.
Whether the Dodgers feel the same way will obviously depend on Victorino’s salary demands in the offseason. And, more importantly, whether he improves on the 2 for 17 start he’s on in his new home. For his own sake, Victorino may find greener pastures in a town that has a need for a center fielder, and that’s not going to be Los Angeles for some time.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17