Aug 7, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
Unfortunately now those 4-6 weeks have come and gone, and the Blue Jays announced that Hutchison will undergo Tommy John surgery later this week.
He’ll miss the rest of this season and most of next season, which is a shame because Hutchison looked pretty solid in his debut with a 4.60 ERA and 49/20 K/BB ratio in 59 innings at age 21.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)