Aug 8, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Things happen on the west coast after I go to sleep, so it’s easy not to notice. One thing not noticed: Bartlo Colon has thrown 20 and two-thirds consecutive scoreless innings.
Last night he threw seven scoreless against the Angels (the one run was unearned). He’s won three straight and his ERA on the season is down to 3.38, making this the second straight excellent season from the guy after he had been declared all but dead.
And he’s only making $2 million.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)