Aug 8, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Things happen on the west coast after I go to sleep, so it’s easy not to notice. One thing not noticed: Bartlo Colon has thrown 20 and two-thirds consecutive scoreless innings.
Last night he threw seven scoreless against the Angels (the one run was unearned). He’s won three straight and his ERA on the season is down to 3.38, making this the second straight excellent season from the guy after he had been declared all but dead.
And he’s only making $2 million.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 16
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 40
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)