Aug 8, 2012, 12:02 PM EST
Things happen on the west coast after I go to sleep, so it’s easy not to notice. One thing not noticed: Bartlo Colon has thrown 20 and two-thirds consecutive scoreless innings.
Last night he threw seven scoreless against the Angels (the one run was unearned). He’s won three straight and his ERA on the season is down to 3.38, making this the second straight excellent season from the guy after he had been declared all but dead.
And he’s only making $2 million.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (212)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)