Aug 8, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Things happen on the west coast after I go to sleep, so it’s easy not to notice. One thing not noticed: Bartlo Colon has thrown 20 and two-thirds consecutive scoreless innings.
Last night he threw seven scoreless against the Angels (the one run was unearned). He’s won three straight and his ERA on the season is down to 3.38, making this the second straight excellent season from the guy after he had been declared all but dead.
And he’s only making $2 million.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)