Aug 8, 2012, 8:51 AM EDT
The fans booed Josh Beckett when he left his last start with back spasms. As it has become David Ortiz‘s role to speak out against the culture of Boston Red Sox fandom and media coverage, you will not be surprised that he weighed in:
“Are you kidding me?” Ortiz exclaimed.
“When it comes to Josh Beckett, this is a guy who likes competition. Trust me, the way he was pitching that night, he wanted no part of being out of the game. I know what I’m talking about. This is the same guy who later that night couldn’t even get out of a chair or bend over to pick something up … I think it’s wrong,” the Red Sox’ designated hitter said of the fans booing Beckett.
Ortiz went on and on about that and Beckett went on about his health, so it’s worth a read if you’re into the whole “As the Red Sox Turns” stuff.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 0
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)