Aug 8, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
I’m reminded by Dan Epstein — author of one of the best baseball books I’ve ever read — that today is the 36th anniversary of the Chicago White Sox doing this in the first game of a doubleheader against the Kansas City Royals:
We all deride the fashion sense involved, but I still have no idea how anyone was supposed to slide in those things.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)