Aug 8, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
I’m reminded by Dan Epstein — author of one of the best baseball books I’ve ever read — that today is the 36th anniversary of the Chicago White Sox doing this in the first game of a doubleheader against the Kansas City Royals:
We all deride the fashion sense involved, but I still have no idea how anyone was supposed to slide in those things.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy