Aug 8, 2012, 10:02 AM EST
Rutledge went 4-for-5 with three doubles and three RBI in last night’s win over the Dodgers. For the season — 22 games worth since his promotion from Double-A Tulsa — he’s hitting .356/.372/.700 with six homers, 18 RBI and three steals.
Rutledge, the Rockies third round pick in 2010, turned 23 in April. He raked to the tune of .348/.414/.517 at high-A last season, and in Double-A this year he hit .306/.338/.508 in 87 games, so while .350 is not sustainable, the guy does have some chops.
I don’t know what his defense is all about, but he’s not going to supplant Tulowitzki as the starting shortstop next season. But boy howdy, he’d make a nice companion at second base, yes?
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 0
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 27
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)