Aug 8, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
11:02 AM: Mike Napoli didn’t play in last night’s game against the Red Sox. Geovany Soto did. Today, in a day game after a night game, Soto is in there again, with Napoli once again on the bench. In fact, it’s his fourth game on the bench in the last seven Rangers games.
Michael Young, though, is ensconced in the DH slot despite his .299 OBP. Those seven outs every ten at bats are really classy, though.
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 0
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)