Aug 8, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
11:02 AM: Mike Napoli didn’t play in last night’s game against the Red Sox. Geovany Soto did. Today, in a day game after a night game, Soto is in there again, with Napoli once again on the bench. In fact, it’s his fourth game on the bench in the last seven Rangers games.
Michael Young, though, is ensconced in the DH slot despite his .299 OBP. Those seven outs every ten at bats are really classy, though.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)