Aug 8, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
11:02 AM: Mike Napoli didn’t play in last night’s game against the Red Sox. Geovany Soto did. Today, in a day game after a night game, Soto is in there again, with Napoli once again on the bench. In fact, it’s his fourth game on the bench in the last seven Rangers games.
Michael Young, though, is ensconced in the DH slot despite his .299 OBP. Those seven outs every ten at bats are really classy, though.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)