Aug 8, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
According to Connolly the Orioles actually talked to the Diamondbacks about potentially trading for Overbay last week, which makes it odd that Arizona decided to simply release the veteran first baseman.
He’s also been linked to the Giants and Reds, as teams recognize that Overbay can at the very least be a solid bench bat after hitting .292 with an .815 OPS in 45 games for the Diamondbacks to top a .750 OPS for the fourth time in five years.
- Report: Mets “pushing very hard” for Carlos Gomez 10
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 38
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 66
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)