Aug 8, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
According to Connolly the Orioles actually talked to the Diamondbacks about potentially trading for Overbay last week, which makes it odd that Arizona decided to simply release the veteran first baseman.
He’s also been linked to the Giants and Reds, as teams recognize that Overbay can at the very least be a solid bench bat after hitting .292 with an .815 OPS in 45 games for the Diamondbacks to top a .750 OPS for the fourth time in five years.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 42
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 22
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 44
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)