Aug 8, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
According to Connolly the Orioles actually talked to the Diamondbacks about potentially trading for Overbay last week, which makes it odd that Arizona decided to simply release the veteran first baseman.
He’s also been linked to the Giants and Reds, as teams recognize that Overbay can at the very least be a solid bench bat after hitting .292 with an .815 OPS in 45 games for the Diamondbacks to top a .750 OPS for the fourth time in five years.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)