Aug 8, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
According to Connolly the Orioles actually talked to the Diamondbacks about potentially trading for Overbay last week, which makes it odd that Arizona decided to simply release the veteran first baseman.
He’s also been linked to the Giants and Reds, as teams recognize that Overbay can at the very least be a solid bench bat after hitting .292 with an .815 OPS in 45 games for the Diamondbacks to top a .750 OPS for the fourth time in five years.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)