Aug 8, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
This time the demotion back to Triple-A comes because Presley’s playing time vanished when the Pirates called up top prospect Starling Marte to play left field and traded for Travis Snider to play right field.
Overall this season Presley has hit just .234 with a .661 OPS that’s a 140-point dropoff from last year and at age 26 he’s far from guaranteed a place in the Pirates’ long-term plans.
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 17
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)