Aug 8, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
This time the demotion back to Triple-A comes because Presley’s playing time vanished when the Pirates called up top prospect Starling Marte to play left field and traded for Travis Snider to play right field.
Overall this season Presley has hit just .234 with a .661 OPS that’s a 140-point dropoff from last year and at age 26 he’s far from guaranteed a place in the Pirates’ long-term plans.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million