Aug 8, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Vicente Padilla has done a decent job out of the bullpen for the Red Sox after being a full-time starter for the first decade of his career, but now he’s headed to the disabled list with a strained biceps muscle.
Padilla threw 39 innings with an excellent 43/11 K/BB ratio, but served up five homers while posting a sub par 4.62 ERA in 41 appearances.
To replace him on the roster and in the bullpen the Red Sox recalled Clayton Mortenson, who was demoted to Triple-A last week following Boston’s trade for Craig Breslow.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 4
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 39
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 79
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 9
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 66
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)