Aug 8, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Vicente Padilla has done a decent job out of the bullpen for the Red Sox after being a full-time starter for the first decade of his career, but now he’s headed to the disabled list with a strained biceps muscle.
Padilla threw 39 innings with an excellent 43/11 K/BB ratio, but served up five homers while posting a sub par 4.62 ERA in 41 appearances.
To replace him on the roster and in the bullpen the Red Sox recalled Clayton Mortenson, who was demoted to Triple-A last week following Boston’s trade for Craig Breslow.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)