Aug 8, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Vicente Padilla has done a decent job out of the bullpen for the Red Sox after being a full-time starter for the first decade of his career, but now he’s headed to the disabled list with a strained biceps muscle.
Padilla threw 39 innings with an excellent 43/11 K/BB ratio, but served up five homers while posting a sub par 4.62 ERA in 41 appearances.
To replace him on the roster and in the bullpen the Red Sox recalled Clayton Mortenson, who was demoted to Triple-A last week following Boston’s trade for Craig Breslow.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)