Aug 8, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Vicente Padilla has done a decent job out of the bullpen for the Red Sox after being a full-time starter for the first decade of his career, but now he’s headed to the disabled list with a strained biceps muscle.
Padilla threw 39 innings with an excellent 43/11 K/BB ratio, but served up five homers while posting a sub par 4.62 ERA in 41 appearances.
To replace him on the roster and in the bullpen the Red Sox recalled Clayton Mortenson, who was demoted to Triple-A last week following Boston’s trade for Craig Breslow.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)