Aug 8, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
The movie: “Trouble with the Curve,” which is about an old scout played by Clint Eastwood, his daughter played by Amy Adams and Justin Timberlake playing … someone. I don’t know.
Eastwood’s character apparently works for the Braves and hates computers and baseball statistics. I’ll buy that part. He was probably the guy responsible for signing Robert Fick and Rico Brogna. Anyway, the trailer is below.
It’s always hard to tell with trailers — they can be somewhat misleading — but my gut impression is that the movie will be something of a mess. You have a father-daughter thing going on, a romantic comedy thing, a sports movie and a coping with age thing. Maybe it works — God knows Clint Eastwood is awesome — but I’m skeptical.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)