Aug 8, 2012, 5:02 PM EST
The movie: “Trouble with the Curve,” which is about an old scout played by Clint Eastwood, his daughter played by Amy Adams and Justin Timberlake playing … someone. I don’t know.
Eastwood’s character apparently works for the Braves and hates computers and baseball statistics. I’ll buy that part. He was probably the guy responsible for signing Robert Fick and Rico Brogna. Anyway, the trailer is below.
It’s always hard to tell with trailers — they can be somewhat misleading — but my gut impression is that the movie will be something of a mess. You have a father-daughter thing going on, a romantic comedy thing, a sports movie and a coping with age thing. Maybe it works — God knows Clint Eastwood is awesome — but I’m skeptical.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 41
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)