Aug 8, 2012, 5:02 PM EST
The movie: “Trouble with the Curve,” which is about an old scout played by Clint Eastwood, his daughter played by Amy Adams and Justin Timberlake playing … someone. I don’t know.
Eastwood’s character apparently works for the Braves and hates computers and baseball statistics. I’ll buy that part. He was probably the guy responsible for signing Robert Fick and Rico Brogna. Anyway, the trailer is below.
It’s always hard to tell with trailers — they can be somewhat misleading — but my gut impression is that the movie will be something of a mess. You have a father-daughter thing going on, a romantic comedy thing, a sports movie and a coping with age thing. Maybe it works — God knows Clint Eastwood is awesome — but I’m skeptical.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 4
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 50
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 49
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 52
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)