Aug 9, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez will have an X-ray on his left wrist Monday in New York and the plan is for the splint to be removed next week.
“That’s three weeks, it’s been two,’’ Rodriguez said before last night’s 12-8 win over the Tigers at Comerica Park, when he had no trouble taking off his socks and shoes with the hand.
Once the splint is off, baseball-related activities resume. At the moment the plan is for him to be back in mid-September.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)