Aug 9, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez will have an X-ray on his left wrist Monday in New York and the plan is for the splint to be removed next week.
“That’s three weeks, it’s been two,’’ Rodriguez said before last night’s 12-8 win over the Tigers at Comerica Park, when he had no trouble taking off his socks and shoes with the hand.
Once the splint is off, baseball-related activities resume. At the moment the plan is for him to be back in mid-September.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup