Aug 9, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez will have an X-ray on his left wrist Monday in New York and the plan is for the splint to be removed next week.
“That’s three weeks, it’s been two,’’ Rodriguez said before last night’s 12-8 win over the Tigers at Comerica Park, when he had no trouble taking off his socks and shoes with the hand.
Once the splint is off, baseball-related activities resume. At the moment the plan is for him to be back in mid-September.
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 20
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)