Aug 9, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Wow, an injured Toronto Blue Jays player? That’s unpossible!
Brett Lawrie has a strained oblique and has missed several games now, and it’s not getting any better, to the Jays are sending him to the DL retroactive to August 4.
Lawrie, who is hitting .282/.326/.416 with nine homers, should be ready to come off as soon as he’s eligible a week from Sunday.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 3
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 10
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 36
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)