Aug 9, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Wow, an injured Toronto Blue Jays player? That’s unpossible!
Brett Lawrie has a strained oblique and has missed several games now, and it’s not getting any better, to the Jays are sending him to the DL retroactive to August 4.
Lawrie, who is hitting .282/.326/.416 with nine homers, should be ready to come off as soon as he’s eligible a week from Sunday.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 49
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 8
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 36
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)