Aug 9, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Wow, an injured Toronto Blue Jays player? That’s unpossible!
Brett Lawrie has a strained oblique and has missed several games now, and it’s not getting any better, to the Jays are sending him to the DL retroactive to August 4.
Lawrie, who is hitting .282/.326/.416 with nine homers, should be ready to come off as soon as he’s eligible a week from Sunday.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 33
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 28
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 39
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 220
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)