Aug 9, 2012, 6:15 PM EDT
Out since Monday, Gary Brown is back in Double-A Richmond’s lineup Thursday after suffering an injury near his eye when he was hit by a bat.
CSNBayArea.com’s Andrew Baggarly has the details:
Giants manager Bruce Bochy said according to the report he received, shortstop prospect Ehire Adrianza was swinging the bat when it hit Brown. He underwent tests including a CT scan that ruled out a fracture or concussion and was expected to return to action soon.
Brown is, in fact, playing tonight. The 23-year-old center fielder has hit .285/.346/.402 with seven homers and 30 steals in the Eastern League this year. There’s a good chance he’ll be one of the Giants’ September callups; he’s not ready for prime time just yet, but with his speed, he should have some tactical value off the bench late in games.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 23
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 30
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (113)