Aug 9, 2012, 5:47 PM EST
He hit .222 with four homers and a .610 OPS in 64 games after joining the Indians in early May, earning $1.25 million in guaranteed money as part of a minor-league deal.
Considering the lack of interest in Damon as a free agent during the offseason this may be the end of the line for the two-time All-Star with 2,769 career hits unless he feels like spending extended time in Triple-A to prove there’s still some gas left in the tank.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)