Aug 9, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
He hit .222 with four homers and a .610 OPS in 64 games after joining the Indians in early May, earning $1.25 million in guaranteed money as part of a minor-league deal.
Considering the lack of interest in Damon as a free agent during the offseason this may be the end of the line for the two-time All-Star with 2,769 career hits unless he feels like spending extended time in Triple-A to prove there’s still some gas left in the tank.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)