Aug 9, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
The Red Sox have pitching problems. Derek Lowe is out of work. Thus making this tweet as obvious as one describing a homeowner’s reluctance to throw gasoline on a kitchen fire.
Red Sox will pass on Derek Lowe for now.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) August 9, 2012
Of course, we’re deprived of the entertainment and the 50,000 words written by Boston columnists about how this is all “full circle” and what not, but I agree that passing on Lowe is probably the right move all the same.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39