Aug 9, 2012, 3:35 PM EST
The Red Sox have pitching problems. Derek Lowe is out of work. Thus making this tweet as obvious as one describing a homeowner’s reluctance to throw gasoline on a kitchen fire.
Red Sox will pass on Derek Lowe for now.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) August 9, 2012
Of course, we’re deprived of the entertainment and the 50,000 words written by Boston columnists about how this is all “full circle” and what not, but I agree that passing on Lowe is probably the right move all the same.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)