Aug 9, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
The Red Sox have pitching problems. Derek Lowe is out of work. Thus making this tweet as obvious as one describing a homeowner’s reluctance to throw gasoline on a kitchen fire.
Red Sox will pass on Derek Lowe for now.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) August 9, 2012
Of course, we’re deprived of the entertainment and the 50,000 words written by Boston columnists about how this is all “full circle” and what not, but I agree that passing on Lowe is probably the right move all the same.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (114)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)