Aug 9, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
The Red Sox have pitching problems. Derek Lowe is out of work. Thus making this tweet as obvious as one describing a homeowner’s reluctance to throw gasoline on a kitchen fire.
Red Sox will pass on Derek Lowe for now.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) August 9, 2012
Of course, we’re deprived of the entertainment and the 50,000 words written by Boston columnists about how this is all “full circle” and what not, but I agree that passing on Lowe is probably the right move all the same.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 18
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)