Aug 9, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
The Red Sox have pitching problems. Derek Lowe is out of work. Thus making this tweet as obvious as one describing a homeowner’s reluctance to throw gasoline on a kitchen fire.
Red Sox will pass on Derek Lowe for now.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) August 9, 2012
Of course, we’re deprived of the entertainment and the 50,000 words written by Boston columnists about how this is all “full circle” and what not, but I agree that passing on Lowe is probably the right move all the same.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 7
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)