Aug 10, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
Former Cy Young winner Frank Viola’s daughter, Brittany Viola, finished 15th in the 10-meter platform diving semi-finals at the Olympics in London and was eliminated from the competition.
She was in good spirits afterward despite failing to advance:
My mind felt right, my body felt right. It just didn’t come together. Still, to be here was just incredible. I’m going to celebrate this journey. I never thought I’d be here.
Brittany Viola narrowly missed making the United States team in 2008 and this time Frank was there to cheer her on, along with a bunch of other family members.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)