Aug 10, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
Former Cy Young winner Frank Viola’s daughter, Brittany Viola, finished 15th in the 10-meter platform diving semi-finals at the Olympics in London and was eliminated from the competition.
She was in good spirits afterward despite failing to advance:
My mind felt right, my body felt right. It just didn’t come together. Still, to be here was just incredible. I’m going to celebrate this journey. I never thought I’d be here.
Brittany Viola narrowly missed making the United States team in 2008 and this time Frank was there to cheer her on, along with a bunch of other family members.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 33
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (87)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)