Aug 10, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Former Cy Young winner Frank Viola’s daughter, Brittany Viola, finished 15th in the 10-meter platform diving semi-finals at the Olympics in London and was eliminated from the competition.
She was in good spirits afterward despite failing to advance:
My mind felt right, my body felt right. It just didn’t come together. Still, to be here was just incredible. I’m going to celebrate this journey. I never thought I’d be here.
Brittany Viola narrowly missed making the United States team in 2008 and this time Frank was there to cheer her on, along with a bunch of other family members.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 35
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)