Aug 10, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Former Cy Young winner Frank Viola’s daughter, Brittany Viola, finished 15th in the 10-meter platform diving semi-finals at the Olympics in London and was eliminated from the competition.
She was in good spirits afterward despite failing to advance:
My mind felt right, my body felt right. It just didn’t come together. Still, to be here was just incredible. I’m going to celebrate this journey. I never thought I’d be here.
Brittany Viola narrowly missed making the United States team in 2008 and this time Frank was there to cheer her on, along with a bunch of other family members.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 7
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)