Aug 10, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Lowe was designated for assignment last week after posting a 5.52 ERA and more walks (45) than strikeouts (41) in 119 innings and, not surprisingly, no teams wanted anything to do with his contract on waivers.
He’s now free to sign with any team for the minimum salary–or maybe just a minor-league deal–and Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that Lowe is willing to start or relieve despite not working out of the bullpen since 2001 with the Red Sox.
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 0
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 43
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 11
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 97
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (97)