Aug 10, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Logan Morrison is on the disabled list with a knee injury that has bothered him for most of the season and Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins left fielder is “doubtful” to play again this year.
According to Spencer doctors have told Morrison to rest for at least another three weeks, at which point they’ll examine his inflamed right knee again.
Even if he’s cleared to return in mid-September there’s really no reason to rush him back for a non-contender. And with Carlos Lee set to become a free agent and Gaby Sanchez traded away Spencer reports that the Marlins are leaning toward moving Morrison from left field to first base for next season.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 14
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 4
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)