Aug 10, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Logan Morrison is on the disabled list with a knee injury that has bothered him for most of the season and Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins left fielder is “doubtful” to play again this year.
According to Spencer doctors have told Morrison to rest for at least another three weeks, at which point they’ll examine his inflamed right knee again.
Even if he’s cleared to return in mid-September there’s really no reason to rush him back for a non-contender. And with Carlos Lee set to become a free agent and Gaby Sanchez traded away Spencer reports that the Marlins are leaning toward moving Morrison from left field to first base for next season.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)