Aug 10, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Logan Morrison is on the disabled list with a knee injury that has bothered him for most of the season and Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins left fielder is “doubtful” to play again this year.
According to Spencer doctors have told Morrison to rest for at least another three weeks, at which point they’ll examine his inflamed right knee again.
Even if he’s cleared to return in mid-September there’s really no reason to rush him back for a non-contender. And with Carlos Lee set to become a free agent and Gaby Sanchez traded away Spencer reports that the Marlins are leaning toward moving Morrison from left field to first base for next season.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 2
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 24
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)