Aug 10, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Logan Morrison is on the disabled list with a knee injury that has bothered him for most of the season and Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins left fielder is “doubtful” to play again this year.
According to Spencer doctors have told Morrison to rest for at least another three weeks, at which point they’ll examine his inflamed right knee again.
Even if he’s cleared to return in mid-September there’s really no reason to rush him back for a non-contender. And with Carlos Lee set to become a free agent and Gaby Sanchez traded away Spencer reports that the Marlins are leaning toward moving Morrison from left field to first base for next season.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 17
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 4
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 62
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 13
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games