Aug 10, 2012, 3:45 PM EST
Logan Morrison is on the disabled list with a knee injury that has bothered him for most of the season and Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins left fielder is “doubtful” to play again this year.
According to Spencer doctors have told Morrison to rest for at least another three weeks, at which point they’ll examine his inflamed right knee again.
Even if he’s cleared to return in mid-September there’s really no reason to rush him back for a non-contender. And with Carlos Lee set to become a free agent and Gaby Sanchez traded away Spencer reports that the Marlins are leaning toward moving Morrison from left field to first base for next season.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)